what does an occupational therapist do in occupational therapy
What does an occupational therapist do?:Occupational Therapy aims to assist an individual come through success in their life occupations by occupational therapist. It focuses on the most occupations of:
- School (e.g. writing, reading, fine motor skills, learning, attention)
- Home tasks (e.g. fitting in with family life, jobs, homework, obtaining self ready)
- Play (e.g. originative play, social interaction, gross motor skills)
- Self-care ( e.g. bathing, dressing, eating, cutlery use, organising self)
- Work (preparing an individual to be able to effectively have interaction within the workplace)
Areas addressed by an Occupational therapist do for kids
- Sensory Integration
- Fine Motor Skills
- Gross Motor Skills
- Visual Perception
- Memory problems
- Handwriting Difficulties
- School Readiness
- Eating problems
- Developmental Delays
- Self-care problems
- Toileting – encopresis/ enuresis/ delays
- Behavior management
- Most different purposeful difficulties
How does an Occupational therapist can facilitate to kids
The occupatioanl therapist expert rigorously analyses the sensory, physical, psychological feature and behavioral aspects inflicting the kid to possess difficulties in his/her life occupations.
Intervention is then targeted at the weak areas to boost the underlying skills. Intervention appearance at a mixture of:
- Education of kid and adult caregivers on the explanations for the difficulties.
- Environmental modification wherever acceptable to assist make sure that the kid has the “just right” level of challenge to alter success.
- Remediation of the underlying skills through clinic treatment and/ or home and faculty programming.