- Occupational therapist is the use of evaluation and treatment for helping people with a physical, mental, sensory, or cognitive disability is as independent as possible in all areas of their lives. Otis can help children’s with various daily needs to improve their cognitive, physical, sensory, mental ability and motor skills and enhance their self esteem and sense of accomplishment.
- Some people may think very different way that occupational therapy is only for adults; kids, after all, do not have any occupations.
- But adult does not know that a child’s love to play and learning, that is his job and occupational therapists can evaluate kids’ skills for playing, school performance, and daily activities and do analyze them with what is developmentally appropriate for that age group.
- birth injuries or birth defects
- sensory processing disorders
- traumatic injuries (brain or spinal cord)
- learning problems
- Autism/pervasive development disorders
- mental health or behavioral problems
- Broken bones or other orthopedic injuries
- developmental delays
- post-surgical condition
- traumatic amputations
- severe hand injuries
- multiple sclerosis cerebral plasy and other chronic illnesses
- Otis help kids work on fine motor skills so they can grasp the thing fast and release toys and develop good handwriting skills
- Otis working in pediatric so he or she address hand and eye coordination to improve kids’ playing and school skills (hitting a target, batting a ball, copying from a blackboard, etc.)
- He or she help kids with severe developmental delays learn basic tasks of daily life (such as brush, bathing, getting dressed, and feeding themselves)
- Otis help children’s with behavioral disorders maintain positive behaviors in all environments (e.g., instead of hitting others or acting out, using positive ways to deal with anger, such as writing regarding feelings or collaborating in a very physical activity)
- Otis teach kids with physical disabilities the coordination skills needed to feed themselves, use a computer, or increase the speed and legibility of their handwriting
- Otis measure a child’s would like for specialized instrumentality like wheelchairs, splints, bathing instrumentality, dressing devices, or communication aids
- Otis work with kids who have sensory and attention issues to improve focus and social skills
Submit your review